Trees Of Life
The Smiths Falls Community Hospital Foundation proudly presents the Caring Community Trees of Life, a permanent tribute to the many generous individuals, organizations and businesses which have supported quality health care in their community. The Foundation commissioned this permanent tribute to all donors who have given a combined total of $500 or more to provide financial assistance for the ever-changing needs of health care.
Caring Community Trees of Life consist of an 8-foot by 30-foot three-dimensional sculpture located in the front lobby of the Smiths Falls site of the Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital. It displays various sizes of gold, silver and bronze leaves bearing the names of more than 300 major donors.
This is an excellent opportunity to recognize and honour someone special, and have your contribution tastefully acknowledged!
Merrickville artist, Mr Pieter Doef designed and executed the 30-foot sculpture with the help of his son, Michael.
The leaf categories are as follows:
- Friend (Small Bronze Leaf) $500 to $999
- Sponsor (Medium Bronze Leaf) $1000 to $2499
- Supporter (Medium Silver Leaf) $2500 to $4999
- Partner (large Silver Leaf) $5000 to $9999
- Benefactor (Medium Gold Leaf) $10,000 to $24,999
- Patron (Large Golf Leaf) $25,000 to $49,999
- Builder (Name Engraved on stone) $50,000 or more
The donor wall is updated on an ongoing basis. We also respect a donor’s request for anonymity.